Sunday, August 19, 2007

Week 7 #16 Wikis

I used all of the resources to learn about wikis. I was familiar with wikipedia but that was the only wiki that I had seen. Wiki, meaning quick in Hawaiian, was developed to allow for easy and fast collaborative development and editing of a website. I looked at all of the library wikis that were listed. Library 2.0 in 15 minutes a day had a 15 minutes a day bibliography that had a master list of 2.0 sites that was very interesting to explore. I liked the Book Lover's wiki. I think wikis would work well for a committee that is working on a project together so everyone could add comments or information to help the committee come to a completed project. As far as a personal use I am active in the Relay for Life and I could see our team or committee using a wiki to be able to share experiences, comments, suggesstions and photos from Relay and to share with other Relays.

No comments: